JOB LOCATION: Reading, PA
POSTED ON: February 15, 2017
Working with the site Senior HR Manager, and HR Coordinator, the Human Resource Generalist will provide HR support to the Reading production Team Members, Supervisors and other Reading personnel. This position will be responsible for the assisting to translate and administer HR policies and procedures, maintain consistent record tracking and management, day-to-day employee interaction and support, and including but not limited to hourly recruiting, on-boarding, benefit processing, and documentation retention. In addition to the daily administration, this position will also partner with the Sr. HR Manager and the Leadership Team to drive Plant objectives and will act as the designee in the absence of the Sr. HR Manager by attending and participating in Leadership Team Meetings.
It is important that the Reading Brand is carried out through all duties and responsibilities. We are a leading manufacturer, distributor and fleet sales expert of premium truck bodies with commercial upfit for vocational markets nationwide. We strive for a pioneering attitude and a focused commitment to innovation in all we do.
- Employee Relations -- Partner with Sr. HR Manager & HR Coordinator to assist Hourly Production Team Members, Supervisors, and Salaried Team Members on concerns, questions, policy interpretation etc. – offering resolution options – or assisting to educate
- Assist Sr. HR Manager and HR Coordinator with conducting Team Member HR Investigations
- Assist to create Corrective Action documents for hourly workforce as needed and partner with Supervisors to conduct Team Member disciplinary meetings, counseling sessions, or coaching
- Cross train to back up HR Coordinator on Attendance program - Track and analyze Team Member attendance activity including issuance of corrective action notices following the consistency of our policy
- Participate in presenting at bi-monthly All Hands Communication presentations
- Assist Sr. HR Manager and Leadership team to create successful communication strategies and message delivery plans when needed
- Assist HR Team with coordination of employee recognition programs [service | promotions| special occasions etc.] as needed
- Assist HR Team with Benefit Open Enrollment process
- Staffing & Recruitment -- Oversee the accuracy of the Hourly Requisition Log and work with HR Coordinator to ensure timely posting and transition plans for internal applicants.
- Participate in interviewing and screening hourly candidates.
- Maintain and report hours to agency on a weekly basis for temporary individuals through company M2M application.
- Assist HR Coordinator with onboarding process - Submit/schedule pre-employment testing; participating in new hire orientations & collecting new hire paperwork; maintaining orientation materials and presentations for RTB
- Coordinate and conduct hourly direct hire meetings: New Hire offer, Pre-employment & New Hire form completion, orientation.
- Coordinate and initiate Agency conversion process to include processing performance evaluations, completion of offer letters, and determination of proper Department coding / Job Title / Hourly Rate / notification - HR Coordinator will complete process of Pre-employment & New Hire form completion meetings.
- Administration -- Assist as back up for Set up & Cloud personnel file maintenance.
- Review and approve ADP Import File compiled by Reading HR Coordinator before directing to Corporate Compensation and Benefits Manager
- Complete U/C Information requests & attend U/C Hearings when necessary
- Prepare all ADP Change of Status Forms & ADP Termination Request Forms for Plant personnel
- Create Team Member Identification numbers in M2M and maintain M2M system for weekly Change of Status updates
- Assist to direct Team Member forms to appropriate department (Time Off Requests, Leave Requests, Change of Address, W4)
- Assist Team Members with requests for information related to their attendance, vacation, GP day usage as back up to HR Coordinator.
- Assist Team Members with ADP sign up as needed
- Assist with Orientation & Onboarding process for both Hourly & Salaried Team Members
- Maintain OT Weekly Metric Report and report out at morning Operations Meetings
- Prepare weekly HR Activity Summary for Sr. HR Manager
- Assist to conduct Focus Group meetings when needed to determine areas of risk and propose methods for containment and/or improvement
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Business or related field; PHR or SHRM Certification preferred
- Minimum of five years experience in a hands-on HR Generalist role within a manufacturing environment.
- Successful experience supporting a fast paced environment with a min Team Member size of 400+
- Demonstrated ability to perform multiple projects simultaneously and executing to meet all deadlines
- Predictive qualities and ability to see how actions impact all areas before executing.
- Ability to challenge viewpoints or direction in a positive way
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Programs: Microsoft Excel, Word, Outlook, PowerPoint.
- Ability to maintain the confidentiality of sensitive human resources matters
- Strong organizational, problem-solving, and analytical/quantitative skills
- Professional self presentation with ability to serve as SR. HR Manager designee at Leadership Team or Senior level Corporate Management meetings
- Capability of developing strong consultative and influential relationships with managers and employees.
- Ability to conduct and present training at informational meetings to various audiences
- Excellent usage of grammar, verbal & written communication skills
Physical Demands/Environmental Exposure
- Ability to work a multi shift schedule as necessary
- Travel may be required by car or plane
- Work occurs both in the office and on the production floor