JOB LOCATION: Midwest Region
POSTED ON: November 29, 2016
The Regional Sales Manager (RSM) is responsible for the retention and growth of currently assigned strategic distributor accounts, the addition of new distributor, regional fleet, and end-user accounts in new market areas and key market areas, and direct sales to small to medium fleet customers. The RSM captures revenue growth, enhanced profitability and increased customer loyalty and satisfaction for their assigned region.
It is important that the Reading Brand is carried out through all duties and responsibilities. We are a leading manufacturer, distributor and fleet sales expert of premium truck bodies with commercial upfit for vocational markets nationwide. We strive for a pioneering attitude and a focused commitment to innovation in all we do.
- For every active Distributor within the regional area of responsibility, create and manage a Distributor Business Plan using the TRG template in order to establish clear and measurable growth goals for each account and to create a roadmap to meet or exceed the Distribution sales and profit objectives
- Add new customers to the group portfolio, not only in market areas where a Reading distributor doesn’t exist, but also in key market areas that would be well served by more than one Reading distributor
- Cultivate sales opportunities with regional fleets to generate profitable growth. When necessary, work with Engineering to develop custom bodies or Operations to verify capacity, lead-time, and other production requirements.
- Develop comprehensive knowledge of the competitive landscape, including product offerings, locations, marketing messages, services, etc. and communicate competitive, market and other appropriate information on a timely basis to the Director of Distribution Sales and other key leaders
- Generate ideas to improve internal and external processes to achieve higher performance in safety, quality, delivery, or cost for internal resources or the external customer
- Balance customer requests versus internal capabilities to ensure that unreasonable expectations for cost, lead-time, etc. are not promised to the customer
- Assist with service and warranty compliance after the sale
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Marketing or a related field, or extensive practical experience
- Minimum of three years of outside sales experience
- Computer skills in Excel, Word, Outlook and PowerPoint
- Excellent oral, written, presentation, interpersonal and telephone skills.
- Able to learn and retain product specific information to advise customers on product selections and requirements
Physical Demands/Environmental Exposure
- Travel will be required by car and plane
- Applicant must live within assigned Region