JOB LOCATION: Reading, PA
POSTED ON: April 12, 2016
- Perform difficult and unusual hand welding operations on a wide range of metals and alloys for complex precision assemblies involving a considerable amount of welding to high strength and pressure requirements
- Welds together structural metal components as specified by blueprints, work orders, or oral instructions
- Certified and works daily with multiple metals
- Flux Core welder is responsible for binding together structural components by using welding equipment to generate heat to melt and deposit metal from an electrode to a work piece, thereby joining together two otherwise separate components
- Perform other assignments as required
- High School Diploma or GED preferred
- Willing to work overtime and varied shift assignments as required
- Prior experience preferred
- Weld certification required
Physical Demands/Environmental Exposure
- Ability to sit, stand, walk, kneel, talk, hear, reach with hands/or arms, walk up and down stairs, climb a ladder, and demonstrate strong dexterity, handling, and feeling.
- Sitting, standing, walking, kneeling, talking, hearing, and reaching with ands/or arms.
- Ability to work in extreme heat and cold temperature changes and strong noise and vibration levels.