JOB LOCATION: Reading, PA
POSTED ON: November 5, 2015
The welder will weld and assemble components in the manufacturing of steel and/or aluminum truck bodies.
- Welding components in various directions: flat, horizontal, vertical, vertical or overhead, etc.
- Notifies supervisor/managers of faulty operation, equipment or defective materials
- Responsible for performing routine maintenance on equipment when needed
- Operating manual or semi-automatic welding equipment to fuse metal segments, using processes MIG and flux-cored welding
- Monitor the fitting, burning, and welding processes to avoid overheating of parts of warping, shrinking, distortion, or expansion of materials
- Must be able to recognize, set up, and operate hand and power tools
- Igniting flame or striking an arc while welding or performing other electricity-related work to weld part of a metal structure
- Clamping, holding, tack-weld, heat-bend, bolt or grinding component parts to obtain required configurations and positions for welding
- Analyze engineering drawings, blue print
- May be required to use straight edges, combination squares, calipers, and rulers for laying out, positioning, aligning and securing parts for assembly
- Other duties as assinged
- High school diploma or GED required and one year of related experience
- Willing to work overtime and varied shift assignments as required
- Prior manufacturing experience preferred
- Weld certification required
Physical Demands/Environmental Exposure
- Ability to sit, stand, walk, kneel, talk, hear, reach with hands/or arms, walk up and down stairs, climb a ladder, and demonstrate strong dexterity, handling, and feeling.
- Sitting, standing, walking, kneeling, talking, hearing, and reaching with ands/or arms.
- Ability to work in extreme heat and cold temperature changes and strong noise and vibration levels.